Friday, February 24, 2012

Im AFRAID of being forgotten and replaced.

I'm AFRAID of phone calls followed by tears.
I'm AFRAID that the postgraduate program of my dreams at the school of my dreams only admitted one student last year. and it SCARES me that I'm looking so far ahead that I don't have time to be SCARED of the Sour patch kid anymore.
I'm AFRAID of developing feelings for people or things that won't develop feelings for me.
I'm AFRAID of foreign roads with "one more door to knock"
I'm AFRAID that my name-tag will become an identity that means more than the holes in the bottom of my shoes.
I'm SCARED of that sidewalk that will separate me from home with a promise to bring home closer to me.
I'm SCARED because I believe in things I don't understand.
I'm SCARED of having the workbook and failing the job.
I'm AFRAID of a forgotten return. Where the only thing that fits are the memories that I was holding onto while I was gone.
I'm SCARED that life is a game of triage and I will be a green when I feel like a red.

No comments:

Post a Comment